Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains is a British Formula One engine manufacturer, owned by Mercedes-Benz.
Who are we?
We’ve got an exceptional tradition in motor racing and have been the dominant team in Formula 1 for a number of years. At HPP (High Performance Powertrains) we’re responsible for the design and manufacture of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. We’re also proud suppliers to Sahara Force India and Williams Martini Racing.
What do we do?
We create the entire Formula 1 Power Unit, from concept all the way through to racing, and also undertake advanced, high technology projects to transfer F1 technologies into mainstream automotive and high performance road cars. You may have recently heard about our newest venture in this field, Project One, where we’re putting an F1 engine into a roadworthy car – the first of its kind, and a phenomenal engineering challenge.
So why would you want to join?
Joining the team at HPP will offer you all of the advantages you’d expect, and more! Working at a record breaking, Quadruple World Championship winning team, you’ll be operating in a fast paced learning environment and working on new and exciting technical projects. Perhaps most importantly, HPP gives you the opportunity to be coached, guided and challenged by literally the best in the world. We absolutely recognise and support formal training but also believe that that the most valuable stretch comes from learning from others, learning through doing, and learning through pushing the boundaries, every single day.
Electronics Engineering 12 Month Placement Scheme
Commencing: September 2019
Duration: 12 Months
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 12 month Electronics Engineering programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story.
You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, using strong first principles engineering to overcome challenges throughout the Hybrid Power Unit’s lifecycle.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement Students with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering within Formula 1. In addition to this, we are also developing pioneering technology for the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Hybrid road car ‘Project One’.
To do this, dependent on your background and qualifications, we offer time spent in at least two of the following areas:
•Performance and Controls Software; work on the control of the Hybrid Power Unit - from low level embedded software development through to higher level control architecture and hybrid system arbitration
•Electronics Product Engineering; work on the component and system design of the Hybrid Power Unit. You will experience a wide range of electronic technologies from high speed digital to high voltage engineering, owning the design, development, manufacture and testing of complex, high technology products.
•Test Systems; experience how we mimic the environment of the race track and the road, and test the capability of the component, sub-assembly or full engine to support in the development
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre, see your ideas raced in F1.
Our benefits package includes:
• Salary of £18,500pa
• Podium bonus based on F1 results
• Company lease car scheme
• 36 days annual leave
• Access to a generous pension scheme
• A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
• A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
• You’ll be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree, or above, in Electrical / Electronics Engineering / Software Engineering or related degree
• A strong academic background in relevant A Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example Maths or Sciences
• An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
• Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated, thorough engineers that are adaptable, creative and innovative
• The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
What to do next:
• Apply today so we can review your Intern Profile.
• Successful applicants will then be asked to complete on-line psychometric testing
• If you achieve the pass mark required, you will be forward to the hiring manager for review.
• If your application is then successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre
• If successful the scheme will start on Monday 2nd September 2019.
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd
We’ve got an exceptional tradition in motor racing and have been the dominant team in Formula 1 for a number of years.
At HPP (High Performance Powertrains) we’re responsible for the design and manufacture of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. We’re also proud suppliers to Sahara Force India and Williams Martini Racing.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the apply button.